Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1999, Matthieu specializes in distressed companies and insolvency as well as debt restructuring, both advising clients and representing them in court, including in the context of international transactions.
He mainly advises financial institutions, investment funds as well as French and foreign industrial groups and services providers.
Matthieu is also involved in financing transactions and capital markets including as counsel to foreign investors.
Matthieu is a member of the Society of Turnaround Professionals (Association pour le Retournement des Entreprises – ARE).
His clients rely on him for:
– restructuring of financial debt
– investing in / purchasing of distressed companies
– negotiating in ad hoc or conciliation procedures
– insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings
– banking, financial, commercial disputes and litigation
– financing and private placement (Euro PP, US PP) transactions
Matthieu was a partner at De Pardieu Brocas Maffei law firm from 2007 through 2018, after he worked as an associate in the same firm starting in 2000. He then was a partner at De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés from 2018 through 2020.
Well before Fairway
– Advanced degree (DESS) in business tax law from the University of Paris Dauphine
– Master’s degree in management from the University of Paris Dauphine
– Master’s degree in business law from the University of Paris Nanterre
Matthieu will find happiness on the rolling fields of Gers and the lush hills of the Basque Coast, supporting his favorite rugby team as well as enjoying the flavor of local terroir products.